Itani Dental San Francisco has treated patients with Special Needs for over a decade.
Special Care Dentistry serves patients who have:
- Learning or Emotional Disabilities
- Mood Disorders
- Medical, Physical, or Psychiatric Issues that prevent mobility
- Mild to Severe Phobias
- Immobilization due to Age-Related Infirmity
Every individual situations may present obstacles to dental care, often special needs patients may have infrequent dental appointments (only once every few years, or maybe never), which can lead to more acute complications.
Special Care Dentistry requires the ability to provide sophisticated services such as:
- Home Care Dentistry which we offer through Dentistry to Your Door
- Hospital Affiliation
- A Complete array of Sleep or Sedation options.
Itani Dental San Francisco is dedicated to caring for the fearful, phobic and disabled communities. With more than 10 years of experience in Sleep and Sedation Dentistry, as well as Hospital Dentistry using general anesthesia, we are committed to patient comfort and safety. Dr. Itani can treat patients with: Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Cerebral Palsy, Heart disease, Dental fears or phobias, Autism, Down Syndrome and the medically and/or physically compromised.
Because of the unique nature of our practice – providing Sleep and Sedation Dentistry for patients with fears or special needs—Dr. Itani is a noted expert in this field.
- President of the California Hospital Dental Group
- Member of the American Association of Hospital Dentists
- Member of the Special Care Dental Association
- Medical staff at Dental Division at Kaiser Permanente
- Medical staff at California Pacific Medical Center Hospitals (CPMC)
- Commissioner of the Department of Aging and Adult Services for City & County of San Francisco